Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Kodaikanal is one of the most beautiful tourist destinations in India located on the Palani hills in the Dindigul district of TamilNadu .The natural beauty, waterfalls and mighty rocks and many more make Kodaikanal a famous tourist spot and one of the most important projects for Kodaikanal Tourism. Kodaikanal hotels and Kodaikanal resorts attracts a lot of visitors due to the weather which is cool in the summers. It attracts people especially from all over India and as the name means in Tamil it truly is ‘The Gift of the forest’.
Geographical Location And Weather
Kodaikanal is located on upper Palni Hill at an altitude of 2,133 meters. Also referred as the ‘Princess of Hill stations’ Kodaikanal weather and beauty makes it a paradise for tourists. The Mighty rocks and beautiful waterfalls and water bodies give this city of Kodaikanal a picture perfect setting. Kodaikanal hotels and Kodaikanal resorts provide various facilities for Kodaikanal sightseeing.
Kodaikanal weather is at its best in the summers with temperature ranging 11-20 Degree Centigrade. In the winters Kodaikanal weather becomes very cool with temperature ranging 8-17 Degree Centigrade.Kodaikanal tourism suggests that Kodaikanal can be visited any time of the year except during monsoons. Not only the weather Kodaikanal sightseeing places are also famous and attracts Honeymooners as well as nature lovers from across India.
Means Of Transportation
• Nearest Airport is located at Madurai which is 120 kms from city and is well connected to major cities.
• At Kodai Road is the nearest railway station which is around 80 km from Kodaikanal.
• Coimbatore is the major station which is connected to all major cities of India.
• Kodaikanal is very well connected by road Kodaikanal Tourism bus services are plenty to reach Kodaikanal from Madurai, Coimbatore, Bangalore, Kochi and Chennai etc.
Kodaikanal Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Kodaikanal
• Kodaikanal Lake is an artificial lake dating to 1863.The lake is a tourist attraction and the beauty of the lake and surroundings makes it a must see.
• Bryant Park is a Botanical Garden which has a huge variety of trees, flowers etc.
• Bear Shola Falls is a wonderful tourist spot on the Kodaikanal tourism listing. The tall waterfall in the reserve forest is most enjoyable in Kodaikanal Weather.
• Green Valley View provides a panoramic view of the plains and Vaigai Dam.
Various other parks and Natural wonders have been well maintained and are must visit while Kodaikanal Sightseeing. Kodaikanal Tourism buses for various tourist spots offer affordable and efficient service.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
• Pastry Corner is a famous bakery known for fresh produce through out the day.
• Hill Top Inn is famous for mouthwatering delicacies and quick service.
• Punjabi Dhaba is famous for Mughlai cuisine and non vegetarian food.
• Hotel Astoria is a Luxury Vegetarian restaurant with excellent food.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Kodaikanal Hotels-
1 The Carlton
2 Hotel Mount View
3 Hotel Kodai International
Budget Kodaikanal Hotels-
1 Hotel Bala
2 Hotel Grand Palace
3 Hotel SV International
1. Hill Country Holiday Resorts
2. Green Acres Resort
3. Highland Parade Resort