Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Kemmangundi is located in Tarikere taluk of Chikkamagaluru district in the state of Karnataka, India. The region has waterfalls, deep valleys of Western Ghats, Mountain vegetation and lush greenery along with the panoramic beauty of Kemmangundi make this place a must visit tourist destination. The natural beauty of this sleepy town and the Kemmangundi weather makes it a preferred tourist destination which can be best enjoyed with the hassle free services of Kemmangundi hotels and Kemmangundi resorts.
Kemmangundi tourism location and Kemmangundi Weather
Located at a height of 1434m above sea level, Kemmangundi is a forested region of heavy rainfall and is a scenic coffee growing town. The town takes its name from the three Kannada words meaning a place with red soil. Kemmangundi is an exciting tourist hotspot with winding mountain trails, ornamental gardens and forests. Kemmangundi hotels and Kemmangundi resorts provide an excellent view and experience to tourists who come for Kemmangundi Sightseeing.
Kemmangundi weather is usually pleasant throughout the year with average temperature is in the range 14°C to 30°C and thus Kemmangundi tourism suggests October to March as the best months to visit for Kemmangundi sightseeing.
Kemmangundi tourism and Means of Transportation:
- ·Kemmangundi is well connected by road with Chikkamagaluru which is around 53 kilometers.
- ·Private Taxis or buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
- ·Nearest railway station is Tarikere 35 kilometers from Kemmangundi.
- ·Nearest Airport is Mangalore 190 Kilometers from Kemmangundi.
Kemmangundi Tourism, Sightseeing and Things To Do While At Kemmangundi:
Kemmangundi has beautiful waterfalls, lakes, temples and other hill stations close by for tourists who come for Kemmangundi Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Kemmangundi Sightseeing Is:
- ·Raj Bhavan is a guest house located in Kemmangundi and provides an excellent view of the sunset.
- ·Z point is a vantage point at Kemmangundi and another favorite place for people who want to view a spectacular sunset.
- ·Rose garden is a garden of roses maintained by the Horticultural Department.
- ·Hebbe Falls is where water streams down from a height of 168 meters. Jeeps are available from one particular point to Hebbe falls. Kemmangundi resorts is based in the lap of nature.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Kemmangundi Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine and J P Lodge, Prakash Lodge are good places for food.
Hotels and Resorts of Your Choice
Luxury Kemmangundi hotels-
2 Valley of Birds
Budget Kemmangundi hotels-
1 Prakash Lodge
Names of Kemmangundi Resorts
1. Silent Valley Resort, Chikkamagaluru