Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Dandeli is a town in Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka in North Karnataka, India in the Western Ghats, near Goa. The town is known for its wildlife sanctuary, tourism and varied flora and fauna. The scenic beauty of this town and the Dandeli weather makes it a preferred tourist destination. Dandeli hotels and Dandeli resorts provide a relaxed vacation experience far from the pollution and maddening crowd of most cities in India.
Dandeli Tourism Location and Dandeli Weather
Dandeli is a town in Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka in North Karnataka, India in the Western Ghats, near Goa. The Kali River is the lifeline of people of this region. The town is at an altitude of about 473 meters and receives good rainfall. The region is known for valleys, majestic trees, natural scenery and wildlife which add to the beauty of the region. The climate is temperate and Dandeli Tourism suggests October to May is the best time to visit to enjoy the natural beauty and Dandeli weather. Dandeli hotels and Dandeli resorts provide an excellent experience to tourists who come for Dandeli Sightseeing.
Dandeli weather is pleasant throughout the year except for monsoons from June to September when heavy rainfalls can hamper your idea of Dandeli Sightseeing. Average temperature is around 26?C and thus Dandeli tourism suggests October to May as the best months to visit for Dandeli sightseeing.
Dandeli tourism and Means of Transportation:
- ·Dandeli is well connected by road with Alnavar which is 35 kilometers, Dharwad, and Belgaum.
- · Tourist buses are available from Bangalore to Dandeli.
- · Private Taxis or buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
- ·Nearest railway station is Alnavar which is 35 kilometers from Dandeli.
- ·The nearest airport to Dandeli is Belgaum, which is about 90 km away.
Sightseeing and Things to Do While At Dandeli:
Dandeli is the ideal vacation resort and has a mix of nature, adventure and wildlife. The region also has beautiful valleys, Lakes and beautiful places for tourists who come for Dandeli Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Dandeli Sightseeing Is:
- ·Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary where tourists can spot Panthers, Sloth Bears, Sambhar, Bison and King Cobra.
- ·Kali River Rafting is a must do for adventure sports lovers who can also enjoy Kayaking and Canoeing here.
- ·Anashi National Park, Ulavi, Syntheri Rocks are other destinations of this hill station. Dandeli resorts are usually located between the beauty of nature in its wilderness.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Dandeli Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine Laxman Palace Restaurant and Bison Resort are good places for food.
Hotels and Resorts of Your Choice
Luxury Dandeli hotels-
1Anshi Nature Camp
2 Kali Wilderness Camp
Budget Dandeli hotels-
Names of Dandeli Resorts
1. Bison Resort
2. Sai River Mayura
Tourism office is at
Department of Tourism,
Government of Karnataka
#49, 2nd Floor, Khanija Bhavan, Race Course Road,
Bangalore 560 001
Tel: 080-2235 2828, Fax: 080-2235 2626
Email: [email protected]
The hospitals at Dandeli are Patil Nursing Home, Rajyog Nursing Home. The banks at Dandeli are Canara Bank, State Bank Of Mysore etc.