Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Coorg or Kodagu formerly known as Kodaimalenadu is located on the Western ghats of Indian State Karnataka. Coorg is also known as the Scotland of India due to the striking natural resemblance. Dense forest and lush green plantations add to the sheer beauty that nature has bestowed on Coorg. The scenic beauty of this town and the Coorg weather makes it a paradise on earth. Coorg hotels and Coorg resorts provide a relaxed vacation experience.
Geographical Location And Weather
In the Western Ghats on the Sahyadri Mountains the beautiful place by the name of Coorg is located in the state of Karnataka. Coorg has a very moderate and pleasant climate all year round. The natural beauty and Coorg weather is the reason it attracts many tourists from all over the globe. Coorg hotels and Coorg resorts provide an excellent view of the scenic beauty of the region to tourists who come for Coorg Sightseeing.
Coorg weather is pleasant throughout the year. September to March is the best time to visit Coorg. Winters in Coorg are chilly however Coorg Weather in winters is also very pleasant. Coorg tourism suggests that the beauty of this city keeps changing throughout the summer, monsoon, autumn or winter and thus all months is best time to visit for Coorg sightseeing.
Coorg tourism is an ever growing industry which has given employment to to many.
Means of Transportation
• Coorg is well connected by roadways with all major cities in Karnataka and is about 120 Kilometers from Mysore, 135 Kilometers from Mangalore and 115 Kilometers from Hassan.
• Private Taxis or Coorg Tourism buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
• The nearest railway station is Mysore which is about 55 km away.
• Nearest Airport is Mangalore which is 135 Kilometers from Coorg and is connected to major Indian cities.
Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Coorg:
Coorg has many beautiful gardens, Water falls and places of worship for tourists who come for Coorg Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Coorg Sightseeing Is:
• Raja’s Seat is in Madikeri and is a sunset point. The view of the sunset and valley is mesmerizing.
• Omkareshwara Temple is a breathtakingly beautiful ancient temple. The Temple is built like a mosque and has a legendary significance to it.
• Abbi’s fall is the most popular tourist spot.
• Hirangi Dam is a beautiful place far from the maddening city crowd.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Coorg Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. There are a number of restaurants offering a variety of cuisine. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Rajadarshan serves Indian and Chinese food at affordable rate.
2. Coorg Cuisinette is famous for Coorg specialties like rice roti and kadambattu.
3. Hotel Coorg International is a luxury multi cuisine restaurant with exceptional food.
4. East End Hotel is a favorite amongst locals and tourists.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Coorg hotels-
1 Amanvana Spa Resort
2 Orange County resort
3. Club Mahindra Kodagu Valley
Budget Coorg Hotels-
1 Green Haven
2 Hotel Valley Fair
3 Hotels Rajdarshan
Names Of Coorg Resorts
1. Amanvana Resort
2. Ambatty Greens resort