Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Coonoor is a small town near Ooty which is the district capital of the Niligiri’s district in Tamil Nadu. Coonoor is the second largest hill station in the Nilgiris at an altitude of 1839 meters this small town is a very popular weekend get away for the people in Coimbatore and the reason is Coonoor Weather which remains pleasantly cool throughout the year. The Nilgiri Mountains, dense forest and lush green tea estates add to the sheer beauty that nature has bestowed on Coonoor. Coonoor weather has been best encashed by Coonoor hotels and Coonoor resorts that provide a relaxed vacation experience.
Coonoor Tourism Location and Coonoor Weather
Coonoor is located at an altitude of about 1839 meters at the head of the Hulikal ravine. It is 19 km from Ooty. Coonoor hotels and Coonoor resorts provide an excellent view of the scenic beauty of the region to tourists who come for Coonoor Sightseeing.
Coonoor weather is pleasant throughout the year and the best time to visit is March to May. Coonoor has an average temperature in the range 10°C to 25°C. Coonoor tourism suggests that the beauty of this city keeps changing throughout the year and thus all months is best time to visit for Coonoor sightseeing.
Coonoor tourism and Means of Transportation
- ·Coonoor is well connected by road and is approximately 19 km from Ooty. Buses from Coimbatore, Mysore, Bangalore, Calicut, Cochin etc. have regular services on this route.
- · Private Taxis or Coonoor Tourism buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
- ·Nearest railway station is Mettupalayam 46 kms from Coonoor. Mettupalayam to Coonoor is connected by a Mountain Railway which is breathtaking 4 hours journey through lush forest.
- ·Nearest Airport is Coimbatore which is 100 Kilometers from Coonoor and is connected to major Indian cities.
Sightseeing and Things to Do While At Coonoor:
Coonoor has many beautiful gardens and places of worship for tourists who come for Coonoor Sightseeing
The main places of interest while Coonoor Sightseeing is:
- ·Tourists can enjoy the exhilarating and unique ride on the toy train that connects Coonoor with Mettupalayam and Ooty and the breathtaking views of the Nilgiri hills is what makes it a must do activity.
- ·Dolphin’s Nose viewpoint is about 10 kilometers from Coonoor and gives a panoramic view of the region.
- ·The place is known for its natural beauty and thus when here tourist can enjoy the panoramic view of the lush green Nilgiri hills, its ravines, valleys, and waterfalls or can indulge in bird watching which is a popular pastime in Coonoor.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers:
Coonoor Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Rangoli is a small multi cuisine restaurant offering a wide variety of good food.
2. Quality Inn has buffet service which is affordable. Coonoor resorts is located in the arms of the beauty of nature.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Coonoor hotels-
2Hotel Velan Ritz
Budget Coonoor hotels-
1Hotel Blue Hills
2Vivek Tourist Home
Names of Coonoor Resorts
1. Green Acres Resort
2. Fair Stay Holiday Resort
The tourism office address is
Registered Office, TTDC Limited,
Tamilnadu Tourism Complex, 3rd Floor,
Near Kalaivanar Arangam,
No.2, Wallajah Road, Chennai-600 002
The banks at Coonoor are Canara Bank, Bank Of Baroda etc. The hospitals at Coonoor are:
Govt. Lawely Hospital, Sagayamatha Hospital, Nankem Hospital etc.