Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Chikkamagaluru is located in Karnataka in India and is a district. The waterfalls, deep valleys of Western Ghats, dense forest and lush greenery along with the panoramic beauty of Chikkamagaluru make this place a must visit tourist destination. The scenic beauty of this town and the Chikkamagaluru weather makes it a preferred tourist destination which can be best enjoyed with the hassle free services of Chikkamagaluru hotels and Chikkamagaluru resorts for a relaxed vacation experience.
Chikkamagaluru tourism location And Chikkamagaluru weather
Located in the south-western part of Karnataka, Chikkamagaluru is a largely forested hilly region of heavy rainfall and is a scenic coffee growing town. The town takes its name from the word ?hikkamagalaooruwhich in Kannada means 'younger daughter's town' as the legend has it that the district had been given as a dowry to the younger daughter of Rukmangada, a prominent local chieftain. Chikkamagaluru is an exciting tourist hotspot with sprawling coffee plantations, winding mountain trails of the Baba Budangiri hills and forests. Chikkamagaluru hotels and Chikkamagaluru resorts provide an excellent view and experience to tourists who come for Chikkamagaluru Sightseeing.
Chikkamagaluru weather is usually pleasant throughout the year with average temperature is in the range 14?C to 30?C and thus Chikkamagaluru tourism suggests October to March as the best months to visit for Chikkamagaluru sightseeing. Chikkamagaluru weather attracts tourists in huge numbers which keeps the hotels absolutely filled.
Chikkamagaluru tourism and Means of Transportation:
- ·Chikkamagaluru is well connected by road with Bangalore which is around 240 kilometers.
- · Private Taxis or buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
- ·Nearest railway station is Kadur or Birur from Chikkamagaluru.
- ·Nearest Airport is Mangalore 110 Kilometers from Chikkamagaluru.
Chikkamagaluru tourism and sightseeing while at Chikkamagaluru:
Chikkamagaluru has beautiful waterfalls, lakes, temples and other hill stations close by for tourists who come for Chikkamagaluru Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Chikkamagaluru Sightseeing Is:
- ·Manikyadhara Falls is a waterfall near Baba Budan Giri Dattatreya Peetha. The attraction here is that water spills down like small pearls.
- ·Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary and tiger reserve is spread in about 495 kilometers and is an important watershed of the Tungabhadra River.
- ·Kemmangundi, Kudremukh, Mullayanagiri etc. are other nearby destinations of this hill station. Chikkamagaluru resorts are located in the scenic beauty of nature.
Famous food joints for food lovers
Chikkamagaluru Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine and Salpicon, The Burger Shop, Athithi Hotel and restaurant are good places for food.
Hotels and Resorts of Your Choice
Luxury Chikkamagaluru hotels-
2 Hotel Serai
Budget Chikkamagaluru hotels-
Names of Chikkamagaluru Resorts
1. Silent Valley Resort
2. Tex Woods
For Any Other Queries Contact:
District Tourism Officer,
Near KSRTC Bus Stand,
Chikkamagaluru - 577101.
Phone: 08262 228493
The hospitals at Chikkamagaluru are Prabhat Clinic, Malle Gowda District Hospital etc. Chikkamagaluru has many banks working in the area like Union bank of India, Canara bank etc.