Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Srinagar is the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir in India. Srinagar is famous for its houseboats and captivating view of the Houseboats on the banks of river Jhelum and sheer beauty that nature has bestowed makes it an important tourist destination in India.The scenic beauty of this town and the Srinagar weather makes it a paradise on earth. Srinagar hotels and Srinagar resorts are known for their hospitality.
Geographical Location And Weather
Srinagar is the capital of Jammu and Kashmir in India and is situated in the Kashmir valley and on the banks of Jhelum River. The houseboats and rich dry fruits along with the natural beauty and Srinagar weather is the reason it attracts many tourists from all over the globe. Srinagar hotels and Srinagar resorts provide an excellent view of the scenic beauty of the region to tourists who come for Srinagar sightseeing.
Srinagar weather is best in the summers with temperature ranging 15-37 degree centigrade. During winters Srinagar weather ranges 2-Minus 14 degree centigrade and the region experiences extreme snowfall between December and February. Srinagar tourism suggests June to August as the best time to visit for srinagar sightseeing.
Means Of Transportation
• Srinagar is well connected by road and Jammu and Kashmir SRTC operates regular bus services. Direct buses from Delhi are also available.
• Private Taxis or Srinagar Tourism buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
• Jammu is the nearest Railway station which is approximately 290 Kilometers from Srinagar.Trains from major cities has regular service to Jammu.
• Srinagar has a Domestic airport which is connected to major Indian cities.
Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Srinagar:
Srinagar has many beautiful gardens and places of worship for tourists who come for Srinagar Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Srinagar Sightseeing Is:
• Gardens: Mughal Gardens, Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Bagh, Chashmashahi are beautiful and well maintained gardens most of which belong to the Mughal Era however have been well kept by Srinagar Tourism.
• Hazratbal Mosque is breathtakingly beautiful and white in colour.Women are allowed in only first part of the mosque.
• Shankaracharya Mandir is Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
• Town Markets are also know for traditional wooden handicraft, shawls etc.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Srinagar Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Mughal Darbar as the name suggests offers a wide variety of good Mughlai food.
2. Vishal Punjabi vaishno Bhojnalaya is excellent vegetarian food.
3. Café De Lintz has good Chinese and Indian cuisine.
4. MotiMahal Deluxe is known for mouth watering food.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Srinagar Hotels-
1. Centaur Lake View Hotel
2. Hotel Paradise
3 Hotel Zahgeer Continental
Budget Srinagar Hotels-
1. Hotel Madhuban
2. Ahdoos Hotel
3. Hotels Shangrila
Names Of Srinagar Resorts
1. Heevan Resorts
2. Grand Mumtaz resort