Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Leh is the capital of Ladakh. Leh offers an enchanting experience to hiking enthusiasts.The captivating view of the Himalayas and the sheer beauty that nature has bestowed on Leh and Ladakh makes it an important tourist destination in India.The scenic beauty of this relaxed town and the Leh Ladakh weather offers the ultimate vacation. Leh Ladakh hotels and Leh Ladakh resorts offer an experience to understand the rich culture and tradition of the region. Leh Ladakh Tourism is not just famous among the Indians it catches attention of foreigners who plan a visit to these places.
Geographical Location And Weather
Ladakh is a part of Jammu and Kashmir in India. Leh is the capital of Ladakh and is a beautiful town situated towards the eastern part of Jammu and Kashmir with Pakistan occupied Kashmir in west and China in North. The natural beauty and Leh Ladakh weather is the reason it attracts many tourists from all over the globe who come to be a part of the beauty of the region or be a part of the Tibetan and Buddhist Culture. Leh Ladakh hotels and Leh Ladakh resorts provide an excellent view of the scenic beauty of the region to tourists who come for Leh Ladakh Sightseeing.
Leh Ladakh weather is best in the summers with temperature ranging 15-30 degree centigrade. During winters Leh Ladakh weather ranges 2-Minus 20 degree centigrade and the region experiences extreme snowfall between December and January. Leh Ladakh tourism suggests June to October as the best time to visit for Leh Ladakh sightseeing and Trekking.
Means Of Transportation
• The Srinagar to Leh road remains open from early June to November. The Jammu and Kashmir SRTC operates regular bus services.
• Private Taxis or Leh Ladakh Tourism buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
• Manali-Leh road is open from mid June to early October.
• Jammu is the nearest Railway station which is approximately 326 Kilometers from Leh Ladakh.Trains from major cities has regular service to Jammu.
• Ladakh has an airport which is connected to 2 other Indian cities. Various airlines that have flights to Ladakh are Ladakh are Air India, Go Air, Jet Airways Konnect, Jet Airways etc.
Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Leh Ladakh:
Leh Ladakh is a favorite tourist destination for tourists who come for Leh Ladakh Sightseeing or for Trekking and to visit the Monasteries.
The Main Places Of Interest While Leh Ladakh Sightseeing Is:
• Monasteries: Matho Monastery, Hemis Monastery, Stok Monastery, Lamayuru and Chemre are few of the famous monasteries in Leh Ladakh.
• Shey Gompa was built in the 17th century and has a huge 2 storey high image of Buddha made of copper and covered with gold.
• Southeast Ladkah has splendid lakes of which Pang-gong Tso and Tso Moriri are the most famous ones.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Leh Ladakh Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists from across the globe. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Himalaya Café offers a wide variety of good Tibetan food.
2. Shangri La is for experimental eaters this restaurant Korean cuisine.
3. Budshah Inn offers mouthwatering Chinese and Kashmiri cuisine.
4. Penguin Bar and Restaurant has a German Bakery with a wide choice of baked goods.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Leh Ladakh Hotels-
1. Hotel Dragon
2. Hotel Shambha-la
Hotel Laser Mo
Budget Leh Ladakh Hotels-
2. Hermit Hut
3. Hotels Khayul
Names Of Leh Ladakh Resorts
1. Agling Resorts
2. Alchi Resort