Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Gulmarg or ‘Meadow of Flowers’ formerly known as ‘Gaurimarg’ was given the name because of the grassy slopes covered with wide variety of beautiful flowers by Sultan Yusuf shah in the 16th century. The greenery of the place is captivating and Gulmarg is known to have the highest green Golf Course in the world situated at a height of 2650 meters. Gulmarg hotels and Gulmarg resorts attracts a lot of visitors who love skiing or come to capture the natural beauty of Gulmarg. Gulmarg tourism is one of the major industry in the area.
Geographical Location And Weather
Gulmarg is located 52 kilometers from Srinagar the capital of Jammu and Kashmir in India. Located at a height of 2690 meters this ‘Meadow of Flowers’ because of its Natural beauty and Gulmarg weather is a paradise for tourists. Gulmarg hotels and Gulmarg resorts are known for the Skiing and winter sports facilities they provide.
Gulmarg weather is best in the summers with temperature ranging 13-29 degree centigrade. During winters Gulmarg weather ranges 2-9 degree centigrade and the region experiences snowfall between November and February. Gulmarg tourism attracts tourists and winter sports enthusiasts who come for Gulmarg Sightseeing and also actively participate in adventure sports like Skiing, Hiking, Mountaineering, Paragliding etc.
Means Of Transportation
• Gulmarg is very well connected by road through National Highway 1A which connects Srinagar with Jammu is an maintained by Border Roads organization because of snowfall and landslides.
• Private Taxis or Gulmarg Tourism buses and J&K SRTC buses are easily available from various nearby cities.
• Gulmarg is not very well connected by Rail and the nearest Railway station is Jammu Tawi which is approximately 305 Kilometers from Gulmarg.
• The nearest Airport is Srinagar which is approximately 14 Kilometers from the city. Flights to Srinagar also operate from Delhi and Jammu on a daily basis.
Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Gulmarg:
Gulmarg is a favorite Himalayan tourist destination for Honeymooners as well as many who come for the love of adventure sports like Skiing, Paragliding or Gulmarg Sightseeing.
The Main Places Of Interest While Gulmarg Sightseeing Is:
• Avantiswami Temple is a ninth century Lord Vishnu Temple built in Greek architectural style.
• Maharani Temple built in 1915 by Queen Mohini Bai Sisodia holds the idol of Godess Parvati and is situated on a hillock with pristine Natural beauty surrounding it.
• Cable car to Kongdoor also known as Gondola Lift offers an amazing experience ride over Pine forests.
• The 18 hole Golf course is the highest green Golf course in the world.
• St. Mary’s Church is known for beautiful architecture.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Gulmarg Hotels and restaurants are known for the lip smacking Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian food they serve.
Bakshi green Punjabi- Dhaba is known for quality food.
Hotel Highlands Park has- Continental, Chinese, Indian and Kashmiri food.
Sahara Hotel is- famous for the wide variety of food items on menu.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Gulmarg Hotels-
1. Hotel Highland Park
2. Zahgeer Continental Hotel
3. Royal Park Hotel
Budget Gulmarg hotels-
1. Hotel Poshwan
2. Hotel Gulmarg Inn
3. Hotels Khaleel Palace
Names of Gulmarg Resorts
1. Gulmarg Resorts
2. Hotel Grand Mumtaz resorts
3. Pine Palace resorts