Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Sikkim is the second smallest state in India after Goa. The location of Sikkim in Himalayas is the reason for the scenic beauty of this town and the Sikkim weather makes it a must visit holiday destination. Sikkim hotels and Sikkim resorts offer an enchanting experience of the culture, beauty and the pristine surroundings. Sikkim tourism organizes various activities for adventurous tourists.
Geographical Location And Weather
Sikkim is the second smallest state in India after Goa. Sikkim shares its borders with the foreign nations, such as, Nepal, Bhutan, China; and the only Indian state of West Bengal. The location of Sikkim in the Himalayas gives it a unique climate and beauty. Moderate Sikkim weather during summers and chilling winters is the reason it attracts many tourists from all over India and abroad. Sikkim hotels and Sikkim resorts provide an excellent view of the scenic beauty of the region to tourists who come for Sikkim Sightseeing or Mountaineering.
Sikkim weather is best in autumn with breathtaking natural beauty around. During winters Sikkim weather experiences extreme chill and snowfall with temperature dropping to as low as -40 degree centigrade in some areas. Sikkim tourism suggests September to October as the best time to visit for Sikkim sightseeing.
Means Of Transportation
- ·New Jalpaiguri is about 148 Kilometers away from Gangtok and is well connected with major cities in India.
- ·Gangtok is connected by road to Darjeeling, Kalimpong; Siliguri.The Sikkim Nationalised Transport has regular bus services from Gangtok to all major cities and towns in North Bengal and within the State.
- ·Bagdogra 124 kilometers from Sikkim is the nearest airport.Sikkim Tourism has helicopter service from Bagdogra airport to Gangtok five times in a day.
Foreigners Need An Inner Line Permit To Visit Sikkim.
Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Sikkim:
Sikkim has many beautiful gardens and places of worship for tourists who come for Sikkim Sightseeing. Adventure activities like Mountaineering, Trekking, and Mountain Biking etc are regularly organized by Sikkim Tourism.
The Main Places Of Interest While Sikkim Sightseeing Is:
- ·Enchey Monastery is a 200 year old monastery known worldwide for its beautiful architecture and images of Gods and Goddesses.
- ·Nam-Nam View Points the centre of attraction for tourist coming for Sikkim sightseeing, the location provides a panoramic view of the valley and forests.
- ·Do-drul Chorten is a stupa that was built in 1945 and is an important place of worship for Tibetan Buddhist.
Various other Monastries, Lakes, Ruins etc make Sikkim a tourists dream destination.
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Sikkim Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Sher-E-Punjab offers a wide variety of good food.
2. China Palate, Dragons Den, House of Bamboo are famous for good Chinese, Thai, Tibetan food.
3. Little Italy has good fast food, and Italian dishes.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Sikkim Hotels-
1. Hotel Himalayan Heights
2. Hotel Denzong Regency
3. The Iris Villa
Budget Sikkim hotels-
1. Hotel Hungry Jack
2. Hotel Snow Lion
3. Hotel Gangtok
Names Of Sikkim Resorts
1. Rinchenpong Village Resorts
2. Hotel Tashi Gang resort