Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Kalimpong is a small town in the Indian State of West Bengal in India. Darjeeling, the home to world famous Darjeeling Tea is around 56 kilometers from Kalimpong. This small town is know for its natural beauty, the Kanchenjunga Mountain, dense forest and lush green tea estates which add to the sheer beauty that nature has bestowed on Kalimpong. The scenic beauty of this town and the Kalimpong weather provides a fairy tale feel to this town. Kalimpong Hotels and Kalimpong Resorts provide an experience of a life time.
Kalimpong Tourism location and Kalimpong weather
Kalimpong is a hill station in the Lesser Himalayan range in the Indian state of West Bengal in India. It is located at an elevation of about 1,250 meters and is the headquarters of the Kalimpong subdivision, a part of the district of Darjeeling. The natural beauty and Kalimpong weather makes it a must visit hill station and attracts many tourists. Kalimpong Hotels and Kalimpong Resorts provide an excellent and relaxed environment to tourists who come for Kalimpong Sightseeing.
The best time to visit for Kalimpong Sightseeing is from March-May or September-November. The rains which start by May end are heavy and Kalimpong Weather becomes cold and dreary. In winter there is a drastic fall in temperature to as low as 2 degrees.
Kalimpong Tourism and Means of Transportation
- Kalimpong is well connected by road by National Highway 55.
- Private Taxis or Kalimpong Tourism buses are easily available from various nearby cities and are the preferred mode of Transport.
Rail: Nearest broad gauge railway head is New Jalpaiguri 88 kms from Kalimpong. New Jalpaiguri to Kalimpong is breathtaking journey.
Air:Nearest Airport is Bagdogra which is 80 Kilometers from Kalimpong and is connected to major Indian cities.
Sightseeing and Things to Do While At Kalimpong:
Kalimpong has many beautiful Temples and areas with Natural Beauty for tourists who come for Kalimpong Sightseeing
The Main Places of Interest While Kalimpong Sightseeing is:
- Tiger Hill is situated at an altitude of 2590 meters and provides a majestic view of the rising sun over Mt. Kunchenjunga. Kalimpong Tourism guide can also show various famous mountain ranges which are visible from here.
- The Mall road has various shops and restaurants an ideal place for shopping and eating.
- Flower Nurseries are worth visiting. The flower festival in the month of October is also a great crowd puller.
- Thongsa Gompa is a Bhutanese Monastery which is the oldest monastery in the area and was founded in 1692.
Kalimpong resorts are one of the famous places to put up for tourists due to the beautiful weather and the amazing scenic beauty.
Famous Food Joints for Food lovers
Kalimpong Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering a variety of Indian, Chinese and Tibetan cuisine. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Keventer? is a famous fast food restaurant is Darjeeling.
2. China Garden has excellent food and is very popular amongst locals and tourists.
3. Glenary? is a popular multi cuisine restaurant in Darjeeling.
4. Fresh Bite? has a huge variety of affordable food.
Hotels and Resorts of Your Choice
- Luxury Kalimpong hotels-
- Hotel Tres
- Hotel Cedar Inn, Darjeeling
- Budget Kalimpong hotels-
- Deki Lodge
- Hotel Silver Oaks
- Names of Kalimpong Resorts
- Pine View Resort
- Kalimpongs nearest tourism office is at
- WBTDC, Morgan House, Kalimpong
The nearest bank in the area are Axis Bank and ICICI bank. The nearest hospital in the area is Sewa Sadan Hospital Kalimpong Town and KALIMPONG SUB-DIVISION HOSPITAL .