Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Ghum is a small hilly locality in the Darjeeling Himalayan hill region of the of West Bengal in Eastern India. It houses the world famous Ghum Monastery this town is known for its scenic beauty. Kanchenjunga Mountain, has green forests and dark green tea gardens and the sheer beauty that nature has bestowed on Ghum makes it a tourist attraction. The pleasant Ghum weather is attractive to all tourists. Ghum hotels and Ghum resorts is overbooked due to its lovely weather.
Ghum Tourism location And Ghum Weather
Ghum a beautiful place in West Bengal is located at a height of about 2225.7 meters just 6 kilometers from Darjeeling. The natural beauty of this holds the attention of many tourists and this is the reason why people love to spend time here. Ghum hotels and Ghum resorts are located in the midst of the beauty of the region to attract tourists who come for Ghum Sightseeing.
Ghum weather is good through the year due to the lovely climate and people can experiences all five seasons which is rare to find. During summers Ghum has an average temperature in the range 15 degree Celsius to 25degree Celsius while during winters Ghum weather varirs between two to seven degree centigrade. Ghum tourism is a place of beauty and sheer joy which is at its peek in the month of February to June which is the best period of the year to go to Ghum sightseeing places.
Means of Transportation
- Ghum has a connectivity by road which is NH55.
- Ghum Tourism has private buses which are easily available from various nearby cities.
Rail: Nearest railway station is at New Jalpaiguri around 90 kilometers from Ghum. Ghum railway station of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is the highest railway station in India and a Tourist Service from Darjeeling to Ghum is also available.
Air: The Airport near to Ghum is Bagdogra i.e. around 95 Kilometers from Ghum which is connected to all cities.
Sightseeing and Things to Do While At Ghum:
Ghum has temples which are worth seeing and many other places of tourist interest which keeps tourists hooked to the place and increases the love for Ghum Sightseeing
The Main Places of Interest While Ghum Sightseeing is:
- Tiger Hill is at a height of 2590 meters it looks beautiful to see the early morning sun over Mt. Kunchenjunga. Ghum Tourism has various famous mountains which the tourists can watch which are visible from different locations.
- Ganga Maya Park in Darjeeling is a hot favourite of spots which has Natural falls to attract them.
- Sampten Choling Gompa or the Ghum Monastery is located below Hill Cart road and enshrines an image of the Maitreya Buddha. This monastery was built in 1875 and belongs to the Yellow sect of the Buddhists. Ghum Resorts are some of the best as they are based in the natural beauty of the place.
Famous eating joints for foodies
Most of the eateries and restaurants are in Darjeeling and Ghum Hotels and restaurants do offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. Few of the leading eating places in Darjeeling are:
1. Kunga’s can be visited for Tibetan food and is a hot favorite among the Ghum locals and tourists.
2. Glenary’s is a famous restaurant which serves various kinds of food.
3. Apsara a place of veggy delight has huge variety of delicacies.
4. Keventer’s is a famous restaurant and bakery.
Hotels and Resorts of Your Choice
- Luxury Ghum hotels-
- Hotel Cedar Inn
- Hotel Windermere
- Budget Ghum hotels-
- Hotel Hill Resort
- Names of Ghum Resorts
- Sonar Bangla
The tourism office is at Upper Chebo Busty, P.O. Kalimpong, 734301. Darjeeling, West Bengal, India. The phone numbers are Tel: (+91) 3552 256685
The nearest hospital is at Darjeeling Eden Hospital, General hospital Bankura, General hospital Burdhman. The nearest banks are Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, State Bank of India etc.