Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim in India. The location of Gangtok in the Shivalik Hills of eastern Himalayas is the reason for the scenic beauty of this town and the Gangtok weather which is mild throughout the year makes it a must visit holiday destination. Gangtok hotels and Gangtok resorts offer a rejuvenating experience to the mind, body and soul. Gangtok tourism organizes various activities for adventurous tourists.
Geographical Location And Weather
Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim in India and is located at an altitude of 1676 meters. The location of Gangtok in the Himalayas gives it a unique typical Gangtok Weather with mild climate and pristine beauty. Gangtok hotels and Gangtok resorts provide an excellent adventure and soul searching experience through the vibrant culture and scenic beauty of the region to tourists who come for Gangtok Sightseeing or Mountaineering.
Gangtok weather is best in summers and autumn with breathtaking natural beauty around. During winters Gangtok weather experiences extreme chill and rainfall with temperature dropping to 4 degree centigrade. Gangtok tourism suggests summers which are from April to June or autumn season as the best time to visit for Gangtok sightseeing.
Means Of Transportation
• New Jalpaiguri is about 148 Kilometers away from Gangtok and is well connected with major cities in India.
• National Highway 31 A connects Gangtok by road to Darjeeling, Kalimpong; Siliguri.The Gangtok Nationalized Transport has regular bus services from Gangtok to all major cities and towns in North Bengal and within the State.
• Bagdogra 124 kilometers from Gangtok is the nearest airport.Gangtok Tourism has helicopter service from Bagdogra airport to Gangtok five times in a day.
Foreigners Need An Inner Line Permit To Visit Gangtok.
Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Gangtok:
Gangtok has endless natural beauty and places of worship for tourists who come for Gangtok Sightseeing. Adventure activities like Mountaineering, Trekking, and Mountain Biking, Para sailing etc are regularly organized by Gangtok Tourism.
The main places of interest while Gangtok Sightseeing is:
• Enchey Monastery is a 200 year old monastery known worldwide for its beautiful architecture and images of Gods and Goddesses.
• Tashi View Points the centre of attraction for tourist coming for Gangtok sightseeing, the location provides a panoramic view of the valley and forests.
• Tsomgo Lake is a beautiful 1 kilometre lake around 35 kilometres from Gangtok and is popular because of religious significance to the locals. It has an ancient temple of Lord Shiva at the shores.
Various other Monastries, Lakes, view points etc make Gangtok a preferred tourist’s destination.
Famous food joints for food lovers
Gangtok Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of mouthwatering food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering a variety of Indian, Thai, Italian and world cuisine. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Fusion Lounge Bar and Restaurant offers a wide variety of good food and drinks and is a preferred tourist hangout.
2. Oberoi’s Barbeque is a luxury restaurant famous for good variety of Chinese, Thai, Tibetan and barbeque.
3. Buzz and Quick Bite have good fast food, pastries and Italian dishes.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Gangtok Hotels-
1. Hotel New Castle
2. Hotel Tashi Delek
3. The Royal Plaza
Budget Gangtok Hotels-
1. Hotel Himalayan Retreat
2. Hotel Anola
3. Hotel Gangtok
Names Of Gangtok Resorts
1. Orange Village Resorts
2. Bliss resort