Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Hill Stations In India
- Hill Stations in East India
- Hill Stations in North India
- Dhanaulti Hills
- Leh Ladakh
- McLeod Ganj
- Nanda Devi
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev
- Thaneek Pura
- Hill Stations in South India
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Ananthagiri Hills
- Araku Valley
- Baba Budangiri
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Horsley Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Kolli Hills
- Kottancheri Hills
- Kurangani Hills
- MM Hills
- Nallamala Hills
- Nandi Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Red Hills
- Sathuragiri Hills
- Silent Valley
- Sulthan Bathery
- Agasthiyamalai Hills
- Hill Stations in West India
Darjeeling is a small town in the Indian State of West Bengal. The home to world famous Darjeeling Tea this small town is know for its Natural Beauty and Darjeeling Himalayan Railway which is a world Heritage Site. The Kanchenjunga Mountain, dense forest and lush green tea estates add to the sheer beauty that nature has bestowed on Darjeeling. The scenic beauty of this town and the Darjeeling weather makes it a paradise on earth. Darjeeling hotels and Darjeeling resorts provide an experience of a life time.
Geographical Location And Weather
Darjeeling is a small town in West Bengal in India and is located at an altitude of about 2050 meters. The natural beauty and Darjeeling weather is the reason it attracts many tourists from all over the globe. Darjeeling hotels and Darjeeling resorts provide an excellent view of the scenic beauty of the region to tourists who come for Darjeeling Sightseeing.
Darjeeling weather is usually pleasant throughout the year due to moderate climate. Darjeeling experiences all five distinct seasons. During summers season which is April to June Darjeeling has an average temperature in the range 15°C to 25°C. During winters Darjeeling weather ranges -2-7 degree centigrade. Darjeeling tourism suggests that the beauty of this city keeps changing throughout the year, however February to June are ideal months to visit for Darjeeling sightseeing.
Means Of Transportation
• Darjeeling is well connected by road by National Highway 55.
• Private Taxis or Darjeeling Tourism buses are easily available from various nearby cities and are the preferred mode of Transport.
• Nearest broad gauge railway head is New Jalpaiguri 88 kms from Darjeeling. New Jalpaiguri to Darjeeling is breathtaking journey.
• Nearest Airport is Bagdogra which is 88 Kilometers from Darjeeling and is connected to major Indian cities.
Sightseeing And Things To Do While At Darjeeling:
Darjeeling has many beautiful Temples and areas with Natural Beauty for tourists who come for Darjeeling Sightseeing
The Main Places Of Interest While Darjeeling Sightseeing Is:
• Tiger Hill is situated at an altitude of 2590 meters and provides a majestic view of the rising sun over Mt. Kunchenjunga. Darjeeling Tourism guide can also show various famous mountain ranges which are visible from here.
• Chow Rasta and Mall has various shops and restaurants an ideal place for shopping and eating.
• Rock Garden and Ganga Maya Park is a famous tourist spot with Natural Water falls. The spot is lined with eateries and shops selling souvenirs.
• Peace Pagoda showcases the four avatars of Buddha and was established by Nipponzan Myohoji, a Japanese Buddhist
Famous Food Joints For Food Lovers
Darjeeling Hotels and restaurants offer a wide variety of food choices for tourists. There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering a variety of cuisine. Few of the well known restaurants are:
1. Keventer’s is a famous fast food restaurant.
2. Kunga’s has excellent Tibetan food and is very popular amongst locals and tourists.
3. Glenary’s is a popular multi cuisine restaurant.
4. Apsara is a vegetarian restaurant which has huge variety of affordable food.
Hotels And Resorts Of Your Choice
Luxury Darjeeling hotels-
1. Hotel Windermere
2. The Elgin
3. Hotel Cedar Inn
Budget Darjeeling hotels-
1. Hotel Sonar Bangla
2. Hotel Sailung
3. Hotels Pineridge
Names of Darjeeling Resorts
1. Mayfair Hill Resort
2. Sterling resort