Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Beaches In India
- Beach in Andaman
- Beach in Daman and Diu
- Beach in Lakshadweep
- Beaches in Goa
- Beaches in Gujarat
- Beaches in Kerala
- Beaches in Maharashtra
- Beaches in Orissa
A wish to visit a calm and serene location is fulfilled at the puri beach which is considered as a favorite destination by many tourists due to the scarce traffic and beautiful surrounding and the presence of the world famous Jagannath temple in the puri beach location. With the puri beach packages that are taken up by the tourists, they get to visit a serene beach and a religious location that is revered by devotees from all over india. Puri beach in Orissa is said to be one of the beautiful location with breaking waves and the cool breeze flowing into the sandy beaches where tourists can come and stay in the puri beach resorts and enjoy the myriad puri beach attractions that are found in and around the puri beach location.
- The puri beach is located 65 kms from the nearest airport of Bhubaneswar, with which it is also well connected with good roads as well as rail links.
- Being a pilgrim destination, puri beach in Orissa has good number of trains on everyday basis that brings a large number of devotees who also visit the puri beach location.
- A number of trains, buses and even flights connect the city of Bhubaneswar to different parts of the country from where reaching puri is easy with private taxis and regular state owned and private buses.
Sightseeing and Activities
- Most famous among the puri beach attractions is the temple of Lord Jagannath where many tourists from all over the country visit to pay their respects and have a taste of the very popular food that is served.
- Many consider this is as a pilgrimage place of the hindus where prayers are answered and wishes are fulfilled.
- Near the jagannath temple are many shops selling famous ‘pipli handicraft items, shells and other small figures of the temples and various gods and goddesses as well as the trio of Jagannath, Balabhadra and their sister Subhadra.
- The Rath Yatra festival is among the major puri beach attractions for lakhs of devotees who crowd the area to see the lord come out of the temple.
- The nearby places of konark temple, marine drive, chandrabhaga, etc are some of the other attractions in puri beach in Orissa which can be easily visited once the tourists stay in the comforts of the puri beach resorts.
- The markandeswara temple, Narendra tank, Ganesh temple, Laxmi temple, etc are other temples in the area around puri beach location which are also considered as auspicious puri beach attractions.
- The puri beach itself is an attraction in itself which comes to life in the evenings where stall and eateries are crowded with enthusiastic buyers who either buy or look at the myriad of things that are on sale here.
- The puri beach packages lets people to enjoy the various cultural programs that are organized throughout the year, mostly in the months of November and December, besides the long stretches of sands and coconut groves.
- There are various structures of sands built by the famous sand sculpture, sudarshan pattnaik which are a marvel to see.
- The lord jagannath temple is a place to be visited by everyone who comes to visit the puri beach.
- Moreover, the handicraft items from woods and other sea materials and the designer saris are a hit among the people who come to this puri beach location.
- For the tourists coming with the puri beach packages, the stay in the puri beach resorts are a treat in themselves.
- After finding out a suitable staying place, they can go around to see the various puri beach attractions and enjoy their holidays in the serene environment of the area.
- Of the various accommodation facilities, people can choose the hotels as per their convenience and affordability.
- The Puri Beach resort is a class resort with modern amenities and comfortable living rooms that can be taken up by the tourists visiting the puri beach in Orissa.
- Some of the budget hotels in puri are Hotel Sea point, Hotel Sea Queen Inn, Hotel Greenery, Hotel Samudra, Hotel Beach View, Hotel Sonali, etc.
- For those who wish for medium range hotels, the options can be Hotel Golden Dust, Hotel Rock Bay, Hotel Shree Hari, Hotel Hans Coco Palm, Camelia hotel, etc.
- More luxurious puri beach resorts are Toshali sands, Hotel Gobinda resorts, Mayfair beach resort, Sterling resorts, Marine resorts, etc.
- Except for the summer seasons where the temperature is a bit higher as well as humid, the rest of the year from September to march is the best time for taking up puri beach packages.
- When the monsoon is not there, people can more around to see the various puri beach attractions on trips that are organized by the puri beach resorts or other local travel agencies.
- During the month of july when the famous Rath Yatra is organized, or in the month of November-December, when the puri beach festival is held, tourists can also come for visiting the jagannath temple and the various cultural programs.
- As it is, thousands of tourists come everyday to pay reverence in the temple of Lord Jagannath throughout the year.
The puri beach is located in the shore of the Arabian sea in the eastern coast of India in the state of Orissa which is reachable from every part of the country.
Visiting the puri beach is not only fun but also makes for a religious tour for the thousands of devotees who wish to pay their homage to the lord Jagannath when they take up the puri beach packages. The place of puri beach location gives a serene surrounding to the people who come here to enjoy their holidays while looking at the various puri beach attractions. Puri beach in Orissa is a place with ultimate satisfaction for the tourists where the serenity of the beach and the religiousness of the place are experienced in its brightest glory.