Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Beaches In India
- Beach in Andaman
- Beach in Daman and Diu
- Beach in Lakshadweep
- Beaches in Goa
- Beaches in Gujarat
- Beaches in Kerala
- Beaches in Maharashtra
- Beaches in Orissa
It is not only the varkala beach attractions that have attracted the ever enthusiastic tourists to the varkala beach. In fact, among the many beaches that are found in the country, the varkala beach packages promises the tourists a calm and serene environment in a special picturesque surrounding. With the varkala beach resorts in large numbers, the tourists are in no trouble to find suitable accommodation in the varkala beach location, thus making varkala beach in Kerala one of the most interesting locations of the southern part of India. Varkala beach is located in southern India in the state of Kerala at Thiruvanantapuram district. The varkala beach attractions are in themselves quite enchanting, so that tourists would not want to finish their varkala beach packages enjoyment.
- Travelers interested in going to the varkala beach in Kerala for staying at varkala beach resorts or other accommodations can do so by traveling along the roads which are well connected to the city of Varkala.
- The airport at Trivandrum is the nearest at a distance of 47 kms which can be covered by private taxis or buses.
- Also, people can reach the varkala beach location from other airports such as Kochi, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
- The routes of most of the trains covering the southern part of India cross the Varkala station, thus allowing the tourists to come and stay in the accommodations at Varkala and enjoy the plethora of varkala beach attractions.
- Even, buses can carry the interested travelers, which are frequently plying between Varkala and the nearby towns and are operated by KSRTC and private operators.
The specialty of the Varkala beach is something that has provided much of the varkala beach attractions for the tourists who seek to come to this varkala beach location. It is one of the beaches where a geological maneuver makes it famous.
- This is the only place in southern Kerala where the beach along the Arabian Sea has cliffs falling sharply into the water body.
- This is considered as a unique feature and is hailed by geologists as a geological monument.
- It is beyond and over these cliffs that various hotels and varkala beach resorts are found.
The varkala beach in kerala is a serene and calm place for the tourists to enjoy and see various places.
- Papanasam beach is the important place in varkala beach packages that are taken up by tourists, where the sunset, the small beach stalls, and the relaxed ambience add to the flavor of varkala beach location.
- Another beach of Tiruvambadi is also a major site for the tourists to visit.
- Along the beaches, a number of ayurvedic and spa treatment centres and varkala beach resorts are found for the tourists.
- As per the mythology and the beliefs, the cremations and last rites in Hinduism are done along these beaches.
- The Kappil Lake is an estuary amongst the dense coconut groves which merge into the Arabian sea and has a bridge that gives a great view of the backwaters and the blue horizon and makes for a great boat ride during the varkala beach packages bookings.
- The influences of the Portuguese, the Dutch, the English is aptly seen in the Anjengo Fort near Varkala beach, which has lots of associations with these rules and is now well protected under the national heritage monuments.
- Varkala tunnel and the lighthouse are a must see places when people reach the varkala beach location.
- The beautiful island of Ponnumthurut and its more beautiful Shivaparvathy temple here make for a major tourist attraction in the verkala beach in kerala.
- Among the religious places which make the varkala beach famous and becomes the most visited place by the tourists staying in the varkala beach resorts, are the Janardana swamy temple facing the papasnanam beach, which attracts a lot of vaishnavite pilgrims with a large bell at display.
- With Sree Narayan Guru Tomb located in the Sivagiri Mutt or ashram, at the top of sivagiri hills makes for a great place to visit under the varkala beach packages.
- The famous Kaliyoot festival in the Sarkara Devi temple is quite famous among the visitors to the varkala beach in kerala.
- Last but not the least, the visits to the various natural springs and spouts in the area of the cliffs lining the varkala beach, are a must as they are also considered to wash away various diseases and makes for the purity of the soul.
- The history of varkala beach in kerala is quite interesting and comes to the knowledge of tourists who are taking up the varkala beach packages and this increases the varkala beach attractions and makes them inquisitive to come here and enjoy the varkala beach location.
- The place was mythed to be a site where Pandyan king washed his sins by building a temple and Saint Narada asked some pilgrims to wash their sins here which thus gave the name of papanasam to this beach.
- Visitors to the varkala beach location have many places to visit as well as have the vast expanse of the beach sands all to themselves where they can play different games and swim in the sea water.
- Children and parents can laze under the sun or walk along the beaches.
- The steep climbing options of the sea cliffs in varkala beach, give an opportunity to the mountain climbers and the trekkers to do some adventure activities.
- Being a typical region in the equatorial area, the summers are usually hot and humid which eases off during the monsoon season, thus giving a relief to the people.
- So monsoon can be a season to visit but the winter is the best season for taking up varkala beach packages to enjoy the sceneries and the varkala beach location.
- Being a serene and calm beach, the varkala beach has a number of well planned and equally exotic accommodations in form of various varkala beach resorts along the beaches and on the cliffs.
- For the economic travelers, the various hotels to choose from can be Sea Pearl Chalets, Varkala Marine Palace, Green Palace Seaside Hotel, Kerala Bamboo house, Signature Residence, etc.
- There are many varkala beach resorts to choose from such as Hill Top Ayurvedic beach resort, Raja Park Beach Resort, The Sanctum Spring Beach resort, Krishnatheeram Ayur Holy Beach resort, County Inn Beach resort, Hill View Beach resort, etc.
- Most of these accommodations are aimed at providing a great experience and also accommodates various spa and ayurveda treatments in the varkala beach packages in the varkala beach location.
With so much to do at the varkala beach in kerala, it is but natural for the tourists to be enthralled with the beauty and the natural landscapes that lie in store. The varkala beach attractions are many and with the calm and serene surroundings, it becomes easy for the tourists to spend quality time with their partners.