Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Beaches In India
- Beach in Andaman
- Beach in Daman and Diu
- Beach in Lakshadweep
- Beaches in Goa
- Beaches in Gujarat
- Beaches in Kerala
- Beaches in Maharashtra
- Beaches in Orissa
Somnath beach is a place that is highly revered for the shiva temple just on the sandy coast and for the purity of the beach that attracts a huge inflow of tourists. The long expanse of sands fringed by coconut trees and good vegetations makes the somnath beach in Gujarat as a great place to be at by taking up the somnath beach packages. Arriving at the somnath beach location makes the tourists see some of the major somnath beach attractions which ensures the tourists to have a scintillating time with the Arabian sea waving up to the somnath beach resorts where tourists can stay and enjoy the beauty of the nature in its pristine glory.
- Somnath beach has a good connection with the nearby cities, thus making it possible for the tourists to arrive here with the somnath beach packages.
- It is the port town of Veraval 6 kms away, that lets the tourists reach the somnath beach location quite easily.
- Verval is connected by buses and cars along the road as well as by rail and air.
- The airport that is nearest to somanth beach in Gujarat is Keshod, 47 kms away,with many airlines having their flights.
- The airport at Diu 90 kms away is another option of an airport with good taxi and cab services to the somnath beach location.
- Railway station at verval is the nearest while many trains connect the major cities in Gujarat to this small port town as it lies 431 kms away from Ahmadabad.
- Some historical significance is associated with the small hamlet of somnath which makes the somnath beach location a serene beach as well as a well preferred destination for tourists taking up the somanth beach packages.
- It is considered that moon worshipped Lord Shiva at this place and also another view proposes that Lord Krishna was shot by an arrow in his foot and the descendants of lord Krishna, the yadavas, fought among themselves, in the somnath beach location.
- During a mughal period, a number of attempts to conquer the riches of somnath temple were made, making it a focal point in the map of Gujarat.
Places To Visit and Activities
- The popularity of the somnath beach packages is mostly for the religious sightseeing places that are found here as well as for the somnath beach itself which is quite scenic.
- For the tourists, the visit to junagadh gate and the Panch Pandav Gufa are two structures that have mythological importance.
- Among the various temples in the somnath beach attractions, the somnath temple is famous as it is one of the 12 jyotirlingas found in different parts of India.
- Other temples that come under the places to be visited within the somnath beach packages are the Balukha Tirtha, the Gita Mandir, Kamnath Mahadev temple, Lakshmi narayan temple, Parasuram temple, Suraj mandir and the Triveni Ghat where river Saraswati flows into the Arabian sea.
- Several other nearby somnath beach attractions are the somnath museum, the Akhilabai temple and Mai Puri, making the somnath beach location more attractive to the pilgrims.
- The festival of Karthik Poornima during the full moon in December attracts thousands of devotees to the somnath beach in Gujarat.
- Nature lovers have a treat of a time watching the various birds descending upon the beaches and the rock cut cliffs in the shores which gives a pleasant sight.
- During festive seasons, various stalls selling local handicrafts and items such as atola silk, ghagra cholis, ornamental items, wall hangings, bags, clothes with zari work, etc, can be found in the somnath beach while tourists get to have a serene surrounding staying in the somnath beach resorts.
- At a little distance in the Veraval port, the tourists can watch the fishermen, engaged in fishing activities and one can steal a boat ride with them, actually catching some of the fun of fishing.
- Although the somnath beach is not ideal for the swimming, walk along the sands and camel rides are some activities that can be taken up by the tourists on somnath beach packages.
- Accommodations at the somanth beach resorts are available for the tourists who come to the somanth beach in Gujarat.
- There are also various dharmashalas and homestays for the tourists coming for the religious tours who also enjoy the beaches and other activities.
- For the guests wishing to enjoy the religious fervor and the somnath beach attractions, inspection bungalows, private cottages, family holiday resorts and vacation homes are there besides the many deals that are offered on the stay in somnath beach resorts during the somnath beach packages that are picked up by tourists coming to the somnath beach location.
- Geographically, the somnath beach town is located at the extreme southwest along the Arabian coast in the sourashtra region of Gujarat with good road and a small bus stand.
- Along with the picturesque surrounding, the falling of the holy river Saraswati into the Arabian sea at this point, makes for one of the somnath beach attractions.
It is the attractiveness of the beaches and the sceneries around the somnath beach in Gujarat that has made the age old beach and the surroundings quite famous among the tourists. When the people want a holiday which combines a religious tour with the natural sceneries, the somnath beach attractions are the perfect things to be enjoyed. Thousands of devotees and tourists come into the somnath beach with satisfaction taken back from the trip as well as a comfortable stay in the various somnath beach resorts that have been arranged beautifully in the serene surroundings of the somanth beach.