Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Beaches In India
- Beach in Andaman
- Beach in Daman and Diu
- Beach in Lakshadweep
- Beaches in Goa
- Beaches in Gujarat
- Beaches in Kerala
- Beaches in Maharashtra
- Beaches in Orissa
Pointing out a particular beach of interest in goa is a difficult task. But the calangute beach stands apart with its serenading landscape and beautiful surrounding with the calangute beach resorts making the view more interesting. The calangute beach attractions are varied of which many invite the tourists for an active indulgence to make their calangute beach packages quite successful. It is in the calangute beach location itself, that the tourists have options for a plethora of activities which takes up most of the time of the vacations and gives a fond remembrance of the calangute beach in goa.
- The town of calangute is situated in the northern part of goa and is around 13 kms from Panjim the capital of Goa and 8 kms from Mapusa.
- The calangute beach resorts are well connected to the rest of goa by good roads and with a lot of transport systems available.
- Prepaid taxis are found from almost every place including the airport at Dabolim 29 kms from Panaji which is half an hour from calangute beach and railway station.
- The nearest railway station to reach calangute beach location is at Thivim which is 20 mins away while other stations are at Margao and Vasco.
- The buses ply frequently from calangute to mapusa, 8 kms away and to panaji , thus allowing tourists to visit the calangute beach location with easy and at any time of the day.
- Since it is a small place, most of the places at calangute beach can be travelled by foot when people taking the calangute beach packages are required to travel to the calangute beach resorts or nearby market places or even along the beach.
The fun filled atmosphere of the calangute beach in goa is the most important part. There are long and vast expanses of coconut trees and the sandy beaches full of people.
- The history of the calangute beach in goa is not an exact derivation but an amalgamation of the various theories.
- Some say that the original name of kollongutt got distorted by the Portuguese rule.
- Others opine that the goddess kali, who is worshiped by the local fisherman folks of the village, was the reason for the name.
- While there are people who thing the name has come from a term which means a beautiful and artistic village.
- Another theory proposes that the name konvallo Ghott, which means thick jelly inside the coconut, is the essence of the coconuts found in this place gave the name to the calangute beach in goa.
- When people need to visit the calangute beach, they need to stay in the accommodations available in the calangute beach location in the various types of residences ranging from budget hotels to post calangute beach resorts.
- Nizmar resorts, Calangute TR, Bay Inn Resorts, Alor Holiday resorts, Hotel Baia De resort, Kerkar Retreat, Mira Hotel, etc are the budget range hotels.
- For people taking the calangute beach packages, the luxury choices of accommodations include, Neelam’s The Grand, Silla Goa Resort, Resorte Park Avenue,Avantika resort, Maria Rosa resort, Rahi Coral Beach resort, etc.
- These places of staying are quite comfortable and gives the tourists to the calangute beach, a chance to look at various places and enjoy to their fullest , the various calangute beach attractions.
- The extent of the calangute beach in goa extends from the places of Candolim to Baga and is aptly known as the queen of beaches.
- Although there are not much things to be seen, the tall coconut trees and the rustling leaves gives the perfect calangute beach attractions for the tourists who can just lounge and relax in the number of shades and shacks built alongside the calangute beach.
- The sand is full of plastic or wooden chairs with umbrellas for shade where the tourists taking the calangute beach packages can easily relax and rest.
- There are facilities for water sports activities like jet skiing, water boats, para sailing, motorboating, etc.
- Although not near, but people can take local scooters or bikes and visit the nearby beaches of Baga, Candolim, Anjuna and also take a trip to the Aguada fort and caves.
- Besides the watersports and the nearby beaches as calangute beach attractions, some other places like Church of St. Alex should be seen due to the architectural and ornate styled altars.
- The kerkar Art Complex is among the must see places with so many exhibitions of art and crafts of local artists, depicting the glorious past of goa and its culture.
- Though, the beach line is devoid of many highrises and hotels, there are many beach shacks as calangute beach attractions to compensate for it.
- These shacks serve a variety of food and delicacies specific to goa.
- Tibetan kitchen is famous for the Chinese and Tibetan dishes and is very near to the beach. Bella ciao at La Calypso hotel, O’Coqueiro, Mirabai Goan village, Souza Lobo, etc are some of the famous joints for sea foods and provides a treat to the tastebuds of the tourists coming for the calangute beach packages.
- After Seven, Casa Andre’s, Mooncrest on the waves, Electric Cats, Temptation Shack, etc are beautiful places in forms of shack with best eateries and great nightlife in the area of the calangute beach location.
- The tourist season peaks at the Christmas or new year time and lasts from November to march.
- The summer season is also good to visit the calangute beach in goa but the monsoon is quite wet and rainy, but still liked by many tourists.
Calangute beach in goa is situated along the Arabian sea in the north goa and is bounded by Arpora-Nagoa, Saligoa and Candolim and makes it easily accessible for tourists coming for the calangute beach packages.
On the whole, calangute beach has a lot to offer the visitors with so many beautiful calangute beach resorts to reside in and enjoy the flavour of the ocean and beach. Many holiday trips and honeymoon packages are provided to the interested tourists so that they can have a taste of being in the shores of some of the best beaches in the country, of which calangute beach is one.