Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
- Domestic Airlines in India
- Air India
- Air India Express
- Indian Airlines
- Jagson Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Jet Konnect
- Kingfisher Airlines
- Kingfisher Red
- MDLR Airlines
- Paramount Airways
- International Airlines
- Air Asia
- American Airlines
- Continental Airlines
- Emirates Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
Singapore Airlines Baggage Allowance
Travelling with Singapore airlines, people should keep in mind the Singapore airlines baggage allowance as it allows them to pack the right things and of the right weight. Anything that doesn’t come under the Singapore airlines baggage rules has to be discarded or altered in accordance with Singapore airlines baggage allowance.
People should keep in mind that once the Singapore airlines baggage is checked in, then they would not be able to access the materials inside them until the landing. So anything of importance has to be transferred to the cabin baggage provided the limits under the Singapore airlines baggage allowance are met. In accordance with Singapore airlines baggage rules as mentioned on the official portal www.singaporeair.com, people can pack their luggage while travelling with this particular airline. The guidelines regarding Singapore airlines baggage are also detailed here at smart musafir which can be a valuable guidance to the passengers.
- In the plan and travel section, passengers get the vital information about Singapore airlines baggage allowance for the cabin baggage as well as the checked in baggage.
- For cabin baggage, people are allowed to carry one handbag of not more than 115 cms in length, breadth and height added together and not more than 7 kgs.
- Apart from the free luggage, passengers are allowed to carry small items like camera, binocular, overcoats, ladies vanity bags, umbrellas, walking stick, crutches, baby strollers, etc, provided allowed by specific country specifications.
- For business class, passengers are allowed two free handbags with above mentioned weight and dimensions.
- For the checked baggage, Singapore airlines baggage allowance for all other countries except USA and Canada are ruled by weight specifications.
- Economy travelers can carry 20 kg baggage, business and first class passengers being allowed 30 kgs and 40 kgs respectively.
- Extra Singapore airlines baggage is allowed for PPS, Krisflyer and star alliance gold members.
- For people coming from or going to USA/Canada, the limits of Singapore airlines baggage are 2 bags not exceeding dimensions of 158 cms each with weight restrictions of 23 kgs in all classes of flights.
- Similarly, the privilege class members are allowed extra relaxations in the Singapore airlines baggage allowance.
In general, people are not allowed sharp instruments and arms and ammunitions in any class or flight. Unless these limitations on the Singapore airlines baggage are adhered to, it would definitely be a problem for the passengers to make last minute changes in the bags or they have to leave out item or else pay extra charges for the excess baggage as specified during the airport baggage check in. People are supposed to go through such rules on Singapore airlines baggage allowance before they start for their airports so as to save themselves from extra charges and troubles thereof.