Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
- Domestic Airlines in India
- Air India
- Air India Express
- Indian Airlines
- Jagson Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Jet Konnect
- Kingfisher Airlines
- Kingfisher Red
- MDLR Airlines
- Paramount Airways
- International Airlines
- Air Asia
- American Airlines
- Continental Airlines
- Emirates Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
Emirates Airlines Baggage Allowance
Selecting the flight of emirates airlines, makes it important for the travelers to understand the rules regarding the carriage of emirates baggage in accordance with that laid down as per the emirates baggage allowance. By following these rules as explained here at smart musafir, people make themselves free of any trouble regarding the check in at the airport.
At www.emirates.com, people get to know the details of the emirates baggage allowance in the FAQ section regarding emirates baggage. Different rules are there regarding emirates baggage allowance for the cabin baggage and the checked baggage which people need to follow properly which is possible with a little prior knowledge.
- For the cabin, one emirates baggage of dimensions of 55cm x 38cm x 20cm (length x width x height), not exceeding 7 kgs can be carried in the economy class.
- For the first class or business class traveler, one carry on baggage with the above dimensions and an extra briefcase of 4 cm x 35cm x 20cm (length x width x height) are allowed but the combined weight should not exceed 12 kgs.
- In case of no space in the overhead cabin, the crew can ask the passengers to get the bags into the checked category.
- The rules regarding emirates baggage which are supposed to be checked are different for different destinations.
- For people coming from and going to USA can have emirates baggage allowance of 2 bags of dimensions not more than 157 cms each and 23 kgs weight for the economy class.
- If the weight exceeds the said limit, then people would be charged 25 dollars.
- In general, people are not allowed to carry maximum emirates baggage beyond 32 kgs even under extra charges.
For safety purposes, large equipments and other commodities shall be charged as deemed suitable by the airlines and people would not be allowed to carry any gels, sharp instruments, or any arms in the cabin or in the checked emirates baggage. These rules regarding the emirates baggage allowance are supposed to be stringently followed by the passengers as specified for the class of travel. Passengers are therefore required to be aware of the different rules governing the baggage rules or else, they might end up paying more or not taking something they wish to.