Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Adventure Tours And Travel
- Angling And Fishing
- Angling and Fishing In Arunachal Pradesh
- Angling and Fishing In Assam
- Angling and Fishing In Himachal
- Angling and Fishing In Karnatka
- Angling and Fishing In Meghalaya
- Angling and Fishing In Uttaranchal
- Camping Tours
- Gliding Tours
- Himalayan Adventure Tours
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountaineering Tours
- Paragliding Tours
- Paragliding in Himachal Pardesh
- Paragliding in Maharashtra
- Paragliding in Rajasthan
- Paragliding in Uttarakhand
- River Rafting Tours
- Rock Climbing Vactions
- Water Sports
- Winter Sports Tours
- Heli Skiing
- Heli Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Heli Skiing in Chanderkhani Pass
- Heli Skiing in Deo Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Hanuman Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Rohtang Paas
- Heli Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Heli Skiing in Gulmarg
- Heli Skiing in Solang Valley
- Heli Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Heli Skiing in Auli
- Heli Skiing in Pithoragarh Kumaon Himalayas
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing
- Mountaineering & Ice Climbing in West Bengal
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Darjeeling
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Himachal Pradesh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Deo Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Dhauladhar Ranges
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Hanuman Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Manali
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Pir Pangal Range
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in J and K
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Gulmarg
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Ladakh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Zanskar
- Snow Skiing
- Snow Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Snow Skiing in Dharamshala
- Snow Skiing in Kufri
- Snow Skiing in Kullu
- Snow Skiing in Manali
- Snow Skiing in Narkanda
- Snow Skiing in Shimla
- Snow Skiing in Solang Nala
- Snow Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Snow Skiing in Gulmarg
- Snow Skiing in Pahalgam
- Snow Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Snow Skiing in Auli
- Snow Skiing in Dayara Bugyal
- Snow Skiing in Mundali
- Snow Skiing in Munsiyari
- Heli Skiing
Snow Skiing in Pahalgam
Pahalgam and Gulmarg have always been favourite destinations for people who come to Jammu & Kashmir for snow-skiing purposes. Pahalgam, though a very small town, is one of the best skiing places in the state because of the abundant presence of snow-capped peaks here. Located in the Anantnag district, Pahalgam is the most famous skiing spot among all areas of Western Himalayas. The snow slopes here provide a panoramic view of the town. The place buzzes with activity during winters.
How to reach Pahalgam
By Air: Srinagar airport, located at a distance of about 49km away, is the nearest airport to reach Pahalgam. The other nearby airport of Satwari at Jammu is located at a distance of 152km from Pahalgam.
By train: Udhampur railway junction, at a distance of 122km from Pahalgam, is the nearest to reach the hill station. Another big rail head of Ram Nagar in Jammu is situated at a distance of 131km away from Pahalgam. Both these railway stations are well connected with almost all the important rail heads in North India and the big railway junctions in other parts of the country.
By road: Pahalgam is well connected by a bevy of buses from all the nearby states and all cities in the state of Jammu and Kashmir through buses operated by the Jammu & Kashmir State Road Transport Corporation and private operators.
Snow-skiing charges in Pahalgam
Skiing charges in Pahalgam are similar to the rates charged at Gulmarg and other spots in the state. Skiing gear, equipment and other accessories are available on rent for about 1000INR for one person for about 2 hours.
Top service providers of skiing in Pahalgam
The Indian Mountaineering Foundation is the top skiing service provider in Pahalgam. It provides skiing courses and training programs for amateurs and professionals. They take care of all the arrangements of skiing enthusiasts like accommodation, boarding and all equipments needed for the course. This is a certified institute and you can be assured of high quality of all kinds of skiing services they provide.
Best season to visit
The months between December and March are the best to visit Pahalgam. The snowfall received during this time is fresh and thick, making it possible for tourists to indulge in some exciting spells of snow-skiing during their visit to this small and serene town of Pahalgam.
If you want to explore the beauty of Pahalgam in its fullest form, you must do so on foot. Taking long walks around the town is the best way of local commute. You can also take ponies on hire on tour around the town of Pahalgam. There are guides available to be taken along this pony tour with you.
There are no luxury hotels in the town of Pahalgam. There are only 3 and 2 star hotels here that provide full value for money by offering great facilities at affordable rates. Some of the best 3-star hotels here are Grand Mumtaz Resorts and Hotel Paradise Inn. If you want cheaper options, you can opt for some great 2- star hotels like Hotel Himalaya House and Hotel Noor Mahal.