Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Adventure Tours And Travel
- Angling And Fishing
- Angling and Fishing In Arunachal Pradesh
- Angling and Fishing In Assam
- Angling and Fishing In Himachal
- Angling and Fishing In Karnatka
- Angling and Fishing In Meghalaya
- Angling and Fishing In Uttaranchal
- Camping Tours
- Gliding Tours
- Himalayan Adventure Tours
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountaineering Tours
- Paragliding Tours
- Paragliding in Himachal Pardesh
- Paragliding in Maharashtra
- Paragliding in Rajasthan
- Paragliding in Uttarakhand
- River Rafting Tours
- Rock Climbing Vactions
- Water Sports
- Winter Sports Tours
- Heli Skiing
- Heli Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Heli Skiing in Chanderkhani Pass
- Heli Skiing in Deo Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Hanuman Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Rohtang Paas
- Heli Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Heli Skiing in Gulmarg
- Heli Skiing in Solang Valley
- Heli Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Heli Skiing in Auli
- Heli Skiing in Pithoragarh Kumaon Himalayas
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing
- Mountaineering & Ice Climbing in West Bengal
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Darjeeling
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Himachal Pradesh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Deo Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Dhauladhar Ranges
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Hanuman Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Manali
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Pir Pangal Range
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in J and K
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Gulmarg
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Ladakh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Zanskar
- Snow Skiing
- Snow Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Snow Skiing in Dharamshala
- Snow Skiing in Kufri
- Snow Skiing in Kullu
- Snow Skiing in Manali
- Snow Skiing in Narkanda
- Snow Skiing in Shimla
- Snow Skiing in Solang Nala
- Snow Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Snow Skiing in Gulmarg
- Snow Skiing in Pahalgam
- Snow Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Snow Skiing in Auli
- Snow Skiing in Dayara Bugyal
- Snow Skiing in Mundali
- Snow Skiing in Munsiyari
- Heli Skiing
Snow Skiing in Solang Nala
Solang Nala or Solang Valley as it is commonly known is located at in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, at a distance of just 12km from the famous skiing spot of Manali. Solang Valley is a beautiful spot that has snow-capped peaks all over and offers excellent experience for tourists who come here for skiing. Apart from snow skiing, a host of other adventure sports activities like snow mobiling, mountain climbing, trekking, horse riding, camping, traversing and many more are offered by the breath-taking landscapes of Solang Valley for its tourists. The lush green meadows, along with the majestic mountain peaks, conifer forests, gliding rivers and glaciers make Solang Nala one of the best and scenic spots on Earth. Solang means nearby village and Nala means water stream. The Solang Valley is dominated by this water stream that flows across the meadows.
From the top most spot, the snow skiing slopes drops down 500m to the base, guaranteeing 100% excitement and thrill for the skiers. If you want to enjoy skiing activity for a whole day, you can get day passes from the base stations. Continuous assistance is provided by skiing experts at the base stations for beginners who are trying their luck at skiing. All kinds of skiing equipment can be hired from the slopes at Solang Valley, thereby making it easier for the tourists who visit this place with so much of excitement and expectation in their minds.
How to reach Solang Nala
By Air: Bhuntar Airport is the nearest airport to get to Solang Nala. It is located at a distance of about 10km from Kullu district, where the valley is located. From the airport, you can take taxis or buses to get to Solang Valley.
By Rail: You must get down at Joginder Nagar railway junction that is at a distance of 95km from the main Kullu district to get to Solang Nala. Only narrow gauge trains pass through this station. There are no railway stations in Solang Nala and you have to go as far as Chandigarh or Ambala which are at a distance of 310km and 355km away from Kullu respectively.
By Road: The bus service in Solang Nala is not very good and one has to wait for long durations for getting a bus to this valley. Taking private vehicles is the best option to get to this place.
Snow-skiing charges in Solang Nala
You can contact the skiing stations near the slopes of Solang Nala for details regarding skiing rates. These rates are different for every district in Himachal Pradesh. So the local district authorities are the best people to get your doubts clarified regarding charges for snow-skiing. The average rates are around 600 to 1000INR for a person for 2 hours. You can also opt for day packages that are far cheaper than hourly rates.
Top service providers of snow skiing in Solang Nala
Beas Himalaya is one of the best service providers of snow skiing in Kullu. They cover the best skiing slopes in all the areas of Kullu district in Solang Valley. You will get full value for your money here as you will also be treated to some other adventure sports activities like para gliding, heli-skiing, mountain climbing, water rafting and many more. ACME Worldwide is another service provider that has been providing snow skiing services to its customers for quite a few years now. Angling, Paragliding tours, white water rafting, rock climbing, rappelling, mountain cycling, biking and many other tours are available with them at affordable rates.
Best time to visit
If you want to get the best snow skiing experience in Solang Nala, you should visit the place during the period between December and February. Snowfall is quite deep here during this time and temperatures usually go beyond minus 12 degrees as well during certain days.
Lots of hired taxis and auto rickshaws are available to commute within the various areas of Kullu. Bus transport is reasonable in certain places; however it cannot be depended on at all times. Hired taxis are indeed costly, but they offer full comfort and luxury for tourists coming here. You can book cabs for a single day or for 3 days, if you want to save some costs.
There are quite a few places in Solang Valley that offer excellent facilities for tourists for the tariffs that they charge. Some of the best places to stay while you are in Solang Valley are Prime Resorts, Solang Valley Resort, Solang Ski Resort and Hotel Iceland.