Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Adventure Tours And Travel
- Angling And Fishing
- Angling and Fishing In Arunachal Pradesh
- Angling and Fishing In Assam
- Angling and Fishing In Himachal
- Angling and Fishing In Karnatka
- Angling and Fishing In Meghalaya
- Angling and Fishing In Uttaranchal
- Camping Tours
- Gliding Tours
- Himalayan Adventure Tours
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountaineering Tours
- Paragliding Tours
- Paragliding in Himachal Pardesh
- Paragliding in Maharashtra
- Paragliding in Rajasthan
- Paragliding in Uttarakhand
- River Rafting Tours
- Rock Climbing Vactions
- Water Sports
- Winter Sports Tours
- Heli Skiing
- Heli Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Heli Skiing in Chanderkhani Pass
- Heli Skiing in Deo Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Hanuman Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Rohtang Paas
- Heli Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Heli Skiing in Gulmarg
- Heli Skiing in Solang Valley
- Heli Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Heli Skiing in Auli
- Heli Skiing in Pithoragarh Kumaon Himalayas
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing
- Mountaineering & Ice Climbing in West Bengal
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Darjeeling
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Himachal Pradesh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Deo Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Dhauladhar Ranges
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Hanuman Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Manali
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Pir Pangal Range
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in J and K
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Gulmarg
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Ladakh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Zanskar
- Snow Skiing
- Snow Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Snow Skiing in Dharamshala
- Snow Skiing in Kufri
- Snow Skiing in Kullu
- Snow Skiing in Manali
- Snow Skiing in Narkanda
- Snow Skiing in Shimla
- Snow Skiing in Solang Nala
- Snow Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Snow Skiing in Gulmarg
- Snow Skiing in Pahalgam
- Snow Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Snow Skiing in Auli
- Snow Skiing in Dayara Bugyal
- Snow Skiing in Mundali
- Snow Skiing in Munsiyari
- Heli Skiing
Snow Skiing in Narkanda
Narkanda is one of the most famous spots for snow skiing in Himachal Pradesh. It is located at a height of 8100feet above sea level. There are lots of snow- capped peaks here that are located in the midst of an overgrowth of beautiful fruit orchards. Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation introduced the adventure sport of snow skiing in Narkanda during 1980. Every year, during the months of December and March, snow-skiing season is at its peak here. Tourists from all over India and foreign countries like Australia, Europe and South Africa visit Narkanda during this time to participate in snow skiing activities and play with the fresh bout of snowfall along with their friends and family members. The Tourism Department of Himachal Pradesh has contributed immensely to the development of this sports activity in the state. The department is doing its best to promote Narkanda as a snow skiing hub through various ski resorts and skiing camps.
How to reach Narkanda
By Air: The Bhuntar Airport at Kullu, at a distance of 82km away, is the nearest airport if you want to reach Narkanda. There are regular flights from here to Delhi on a daily basis. If you are looking for an airport that is better connected to other cities in the country, you can choose Chandigarh airport, which is at a distance of 87km away from Narkanda.
By Train: Though there are no direct railway stations in Narkanda, it is easily accessible from the Shimla and Summer Hill railway stations, both located at a distance of 35km from Narkanda. There are many trains coming in out and out of these railway stations from most of the cities in North India.
By Road: Narkanda bus station is nicely connected with buses from all parts of Himachal Pradesh and most of the North Indian states very frequently.
Snow skiing charges in Narkanda
If you want to go snow skiing in Narkanda, the best thing that you can do is to opt for an entire package. Many tour operators offer skiing packages for a number of days. You can choose the one that suits your budget and time constraints. There are 5 day and 3 day packages available at a cost of 4955INR and 2120INR per person respectively. These packages cover your accommodation charges (on twin sharing basis), lodging and skiing lessons that are offered for free. These packages are quite economical because you might end burning a big hole in your pocket if you only choose skiing. Most of the times, skiing gear and accessories alone can run into thousands of rupees.
Top service providers of snow skiing in Narkanda
The Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation has many hotels in its fold that provide excellent skiing facilities to its tourists. One of the best skiing facilities providers here is Hotel Hatu. There are professional trainers who offer skiing courses for beginners in the skiing packages offered by this hotel. Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports is one of the premier institutes providing training in adventure sports activities like skiing in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Many people who have taken up professional courses from this institute have gone on to start their own skiing business and are quite successful now.
Best season to visit
The period between late November and early February is the best for tourists who come to Narkanda, for the purpose for skiing. This is the time the slopes are filled with deep layers of snow, making it very thrilling and exciting for first timers and for professionals.
Hired cars, taxis and private vehicles are the best options to commute locally in Narkanda. One cannot rely on the frequency of public bus service here as there are not many public buses in this area.
Hotel Hatu and Tethys Ski Resort are some of the great places to stay when you come to Narkanda. These not only offer wonderful rooms and state of the art facilities, but also offer wonderful skiing packages that you can opt for, if you need to save on your skiing expenses. If you are looking for budget options for staying, you can try bed and breakfast options like The Wilderness, Aamod Tethys, The Himalaya Inn and Hotel Old Thorn. These offer decent yet affordable options for travellers who come to Narkanda on a shoe string budget.