Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Adventure Tours And Travel
- Angling And Fishing
- Angling and Fishing In Arunachal Pradesh
- Angling and Fishing In Assam
- Angling and Fishing In Himachal
- Angling and Fishing In Karnatka
- Angling and Fishing In Meghalaya
- Angling and Fishing In Uttaranchal
- Camping Tours
- Gliding Tours
- Himalayan Adventure Tours
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountaineering Tours
- Paragliding Tours
- Paragliding in Himachal Pardesh
- Paragliding in Maharashtra
- Paragliding in Rajasthan
- Paragliding in Uttarakhand
- River Rafting Tours
- Rock Climbing Vactions
- Water Sports
- Winter Sports Tours
- Heli Skiing
- Heli Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Heli Skiing in Chanderkhani Pass
- Heli Skiing in Deo Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Hanuman Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Rohtang Paas
- Heli Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Heli Skiing in Gulmarg
- Heli Skiing in Solang Valley
- Heli Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Heli Skiing in Auli
- Heli Skiing in Pithoragarh Kumaon Himalayas
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing
- Mountaineering & Ice Climbing in West Bengal
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Darjeeling
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Himachal Pradesh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Deo Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Dhauladhar Ranges
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Hanuman Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Manali
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Pir Pangal Range
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in J and K
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Gulmarg
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Ladakh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Zanskar
- Snow Skiing
- Snow Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Snow Skiing in Dharamshala
- Snow Skiing in Kufri
- Snow Skiing in Kullu
- Snow Skiing in Manali
- Snow Skiing in Narkanda
- Snow Skiing in Shimla
- Snow Skiing in Solang Nala
- Snow Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Snow Skiing in Gulmarg
- Snow Skiing in Pahalgam
- Snow Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Snow Skiing in Auli
- Snow Skiing in Dayara Bugyal
- Snow Skiing in Mundali
- Snow Skiing in Munsiyari
- Heli Skiing
Snow Skiing in Kullu
Himachal Pradesh has lots of places for snow skiing. It is one of most visited places in the country during winter season, because it offers all kinds of adventure sports activities like paragliding, snow skiing, mountain climbing, heli-skiing, river water rafting and many more. Kullu district has some of the best snow skiing slopes in the state of Himachal Pradesh. They are Manali and Solang Valley. Both of these slopes offer great opportunities for novices and for experts as well, making them hot favourites among tourists who visit here in large numbers during the peak season that lasts between December and January every year. The skiing slopes in the district of Kullu are beautifully covered by a canopy of deodar and oak trees that add to the beauty and elegance of these slopes. In Manali, skiing slopes are mostly 5000m above sea level, giving a high degree of thrill and adventure to tourists.
Solang Valley, another important skiing area in Kullu district, is located at 8000feet above sea level. The slopes here support beginners of skiing to a great extent. The slopes have ridges that have smooth curves and hence offer unlimited thrill to the tourists who want to try out the adventure sport for the first time. Many skiing competitions are conducted here during the month of February. The slopes here are perfect for cross country skiing as well. Skiing guides are available here in plenty and first timers can make use of this service so that they can feel comfortable and assured of their safety while skiing.
How to reach Kullu
By Air: Bhuntar airport, which is at a distance of 10km from Kullu, is the nearest airport to get to this place. This airport has regular flights to Delhi and is thus well-connected with the national capital. From the airport, lots of taxis and buses are available to Kullu on a regular basis.
By Rail: Joginder Nagar railway station, located at a distance of about 95km from Kullu, is the nearest narrow gauge railway station. If you are looking for broad gauge railway stations near Kullu, you will have go up to Chandigarh, which is 310km away or Ambala, which is 355km away from Kullu.
By Road: Kullu has lots of buses plying in and out of it from the Mall bus station to places like Manali and Chandigarh on a daily basis. If you want to travel to Delhi from here (total distance is 570km), you will be flooded with a sea of options in the government and private buses category.
Snow skiing charges in Kullu
Skiing charges in Kullu district hover around the range of Rs.600 for an hour or so for a single person. The charges may be slightly different in various slopes within the district. As far as skiing is concerned, the clothes and accessories cost a lot. It may cost a few thousands if you want to purchase a new skiing suit for yourself. Hence it is recommended that you hire the skiing dress and accessories when you come for your skiing trip to Kullu.
Top service providers of snow skiing in Kullu
You can contact the Mountaineering Institute in Manali to get proper skiing training from professionals. The Directorate of Mountaineering and Allied Sports (DAMS) offer 7 day skiing training programmes for interested candidates. These courses are offered by some of the most talented professionals at a reasonable rate. These institutes also provide all the equipments that are needed for skiing. Tourists can also hire skiing equipment from here when they set out for skiing.
Best season to visit
Kulu district is known for receiving fresh bouts of snowfall every year, during the winter season. The period between November and early February is the best time for doing snow skiing here. The temperature will be very cold here during this period, hence tourists are advised to come prepared with adequate clothes so that they can combat the cold.
Private vehicles are the best way to get around Kullu district. Hired taxis are available in plenty. You can book these for a day to go around the places that you want to see. You can also book the taxis as a 3 day package so that you can use it whenever you want. For one day, the taxi charge is around 1500INR and for 3 days the cost comes to around 3000INR. You can also hire a motorbike to go around the various places of Kullu. Various types of motorbikes are available at the rate of 500 to 600 INR per day. These motorbikes are mostly preferred by foreign tourists who come here in large numbers.
There are lots of 4 star and 3 star hotels in Kullu. You can choose the one that suits your budgets the best. Club Mahindra Resort and Corporates’ Orchard Park are the best 4 star and 3 star accommodation options available in Kullu.