Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Adventure Tours And Travel
- Angling And Fishing
- Angling and Fishing In Arunachal Pradesh
- Angling and Fishing In Assam
- Angling and Fishing In Himachal
- Angling and Fishing In Karnatka
- Angling and Fishing In Meghalaya
- Angling and Fishing In Uttaranchal
- Camping Tours
- Gliding Tours
- Himalayan Adventure Tours
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountaineering Tours
- Paragliding Tours
- Paragliding in Himachal Pardesh
- Paragliding in Maharashtra
- Paragliding in Rajasthan
- Paragliding in Uttarakhand
- River Rafting Tours
- Rock Climbing Vactions
- Water Sports
- Winter Sports Tours
- Heli Skiing
- Heli Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Heli Skiing in Chanderkhani Pass
- Heli Skiing in Deo Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Hanuman Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Rohtang Paas
- Heli Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Heli Skiing in Gulmarg
- Heli Skiing in Solang Valley
- Heli Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Heli Skiing in Auli
- Heli Skiing in Pithoragarh Kumaon Himalayas
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing
- Mountaineering & Ice Climbing in West Bengal
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Darjeeling
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Himachal Pradesh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Deo Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Dhauladhar Ranges
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Hanuman Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Manali
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Pir Pangal Range
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in J and K
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Gulmarg
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Ladakh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Zanskar
- Snow Skiing
- Snow Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Snow Skiing in Dharamshala
- Snow Skiing in Kufri
- Snow Skiing in Kullu
- Snow Skiing in Manali
- Snow Skiing in Narkanda
- Snow Skiing in Shimla
- Snow Skiing in Solang Nala
- Snow Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Snow Skiing in Gulmarg
- Snow Skiing in Pahalgam
- Snow Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Snow Skiing in Auli
- Snow Skiing in Dayara Bugyal
- Snow Skiing in Mundali
- Snow Skiing in Munsiyari
- Heli Skiing
Heli Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
Heli skiing in lap of Himalayas especially Kashmir offers assortment of an unexplained terrain that has different abilities. The ski terrain of Kashmir and Gulmarg is just simply impeccable, where the long open alpine trees bowls the snow boarders and intermediate skiers. Heli skiiers get to ski on undiscovered and untracked peaks of Jammu and Kashmir which offer speechless view. Kashmir offers exclusive heli terrain of 20,000kms right in the Himalayas.
There are numerous attractions in Jammu and Kashmir but one thing which attracts the adventure tourists is the heli skiing. This winter sport in particular has become one of the favourite ones amongst the tourists that flock around in good numbers during winters. This fun never ends and once you are there fully immersed in this activity, you should not expect to come back soon. Heli Skiing is world famous all through the world, but in India this sport is particular spicy in Kashmir. The helicopter flight itself is very spectacular and the ride down the snow covered mountains is more fantabulous.
With the Kashmir Heli skiing you shall not just enjoy this sport but will also witness intrigue of our country which is a bonus to heli skiing.
How to reach Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir is popularly called the Paradise on Earth. Considered as home to tourists that come from different corners of the world, this state has numerous attractions like Pahalgam, Leh, Ladakh and Gulmarg. If you are looking for different ways to reach this blissful destination, then you can reach this place by different means like air, road and rail.
- By Road: NH 1A links state of Jammu and Kashmir to different other main cities of the country. There are state transport buses which run on daily basis from Punjab, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh and many more. Some points might be inaccessible but then you can take jeeps or cabs and reach this destination.
- By Rail: Jammu Tawi Station is very well linked to India’s other railway station like Trivandrum, Pune, Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi etc. From this station, you can take bike, taxi or bus. Jammu Tawi has excellent connectivity.
- By Air: To save your time, you can also fly to Jammu and Kashmir via flight. There are three main airports in Jammu and Kashmir which are frequently used by the tourists here: Kushok Bakula Rimpochee, Aerodome airport and Jammu airport.
Heli Skiing destination in Jammu and Kashmir
In Jammu and Kashmir, Heli skiing is functional from Gulmarg village that lies in Pir Pinjal range of great Himalayas. This is basically located in Jammu and Kashmir. Gulmarg is located 56 kilometres away from Srinagar and to reach this destination you need to board a domestic flight for Srinagar. There are numerous packages for heli skiing that include your ride from Srinagar to Gulmarg.
How much does Heli skiing cost in Jammu and Kashmir
In Jammu and Kashmir there are two kinds of heli skiing packages that are offered namely powder shot and powder week. Prices for both of these heli skiing differs to great extent. The powder shot heli skiing package includes long ski run and one heli life. You can also opt for multiple runs and take only one shot for tasting the heli skiing. There are very less people who opt for one run only, since this activity if done once pushes and encourages you to opt for more and more. The package includes one taxi ride from the valley to your destination Gulmarg. The entire cost of this package is US $270 or INR 15000/per person.
Powder week – The cost of this package is US $8140 or INR 4,50,000/per person. The package includes your 5 days of heli skiing covering 60,000 meters of skiing adventure, six nights of stay on 5 star hotel or resort, food and transfer to the airport of Srinagar. In case there is no flying on a particular day, the heli skiing takes places in protected trees areas.
What is the ideal time to visit Jammu and Kashmir for Heli Skiing?
The heli skiing season in Gulmarg starts before the Christmas season which is in the mid of December and continues until April middle. There are winter games held in January and February and these months are must visit to this location.
How to locally commute in Jammu and Kashmir
The main modes of conveyance in Jammu and Kashmir especially Gulmarg are taxi and mini buses. Besides these, there are some other modes also like – Luxury coaches (perfect for local sightseeing), auto rickshaws (for locally commuting around), mini buses and tourist taxis.
The main heli skiing place in Jammu and Kashmir is the valley of Gulmarg. Additional terrain is Sonamarg however it is not operational yet because it is very challenging. Adventurist, get ready for impeccable heli-skiing adventure trip to Jammu and Kashmir.