Search Lowest fares on all travel sites with one click !
Browse Adventure Tours And Travel
- Angling And Fishing
- Angling and Fishing In Arunachal Pradesh
- Angling and Fishing In Assam
- Angling and Fishing In Himachal
- Angling and Fishing In Karnatka
- Angling and Fishing In Meghalaya
- Angling and Fishing In Uttaranchal
- Camping Tours
- Gliding Tours
- Himalayan Adventure Tours
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountaineering Tours
- Paragliding Tours
- Paragliding in Himachal Pardesh
- Paragliding in Maharashtra
- Paragliding in Rajasthan
- Paragliding in Uttarakhand
- River Rafting Tours
- Rock Climbing Vactions
- Water Sports
- Winter Sports Tours
- Heli Skiing
- Heli Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Heli Skiing in Chanderkhani Pass
- Heli Skiing in Deo Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Hanuman Tibba
- Heli Skiing in Rohtang Paas
- Heli Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Heli Skiing in Gulmarg
- Heli Skiing in Solang Valley
- Heli Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Heli Skiing in Auli
- Heli Skiing in Pithoragarh Kumaon Himalayas
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing
- Mountaineering & Ice Climbing in West Bengal
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Darjeeling
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Himachal Pradesh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Deo Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Dhauladhar Ranges
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Hanuman Tibba
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Manali
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Pir Pangal Range
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in J and K
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Gulmarg
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Ladakh
- Mountaineering and Ice Climbing in Zanskar
- Snow Skiing
- Snow Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
- Snow Skiing in Dharamshala
- Snow Skiing in Kufri
- Snow Skiing in Kullu
- Snow Skiing in Manali
- Snow Skiing in Narkanda
- Snow Skiing in Shimla
- Snow Skiing in Solang Nala
- Snow Skiing in Jammu and Kashmir
- Snow Skiing in Gulmarg
- Snow Skiing in Pahalgam
- Snow Skiing in Uttarakhand
- Snow Skiing in Auli
- Snow Skiing in Dayara Bugyal
- Snow Skiing in Mundali
- Snow Skiing in Munsiyari
- Heli Skiing
Camping is an outdoor activity far away from home and urban areas, especially in the arms of nature. Camping may involve the use of tents, caravan, cabin or a primitive structure. Camping not only helps in relaxation of mind and body in the soothing effect of the green environment and peaceful atmosphere but also make a person aware of the mother nature.
There are many sites for camping in India. Government of India has separate department of tourism which provide various facilities and information for camping in India. There are main four types of camping in India: family camping, weekend camping, wild camping and winter camping.
Family camping is a way to bring family members closer and improves the communication between the members whether husband and wife or parents and children. It enhances the understanding between the family when quality time is been spent with each other.
Other Fun Camping Activities
There are many adventure camping activities at the camping site. Some of adventurous sport can be enjoyed with family along with delicious dinner. Camping activities include the following: white-water rafting, fishing, hiking, cycling, canoeing and kayaking. For camping activities one has to have basic gear like sleeping bag, eating utensils, camping tents, hat, flashlight, sunscreen glasses, pair of shoes, a small medical kit for emergency and also toiletries. For camping in India at different sites folding chairs, cold drinks, warm campfires and even wine or beer, music and other necessities are should be added. Some of the camping gears include lanterns, batteries, axes, rain flies and toilet papers. Camping tents should be slightly better for winter camping. One should prefer high-technology lightweight nylon camping tents with aluminum frames.
The cost of camping may vary from Rs. 800 per person per day to Rs. 2350 per person per day. The charges includes accommodation and food, camping tents and other accessories needed at the time of camping. Camping tents can be bi fun specially for children and adults straight out of the story books.
1 Extra precautions should be taken if the camping in India includes children.
2 Take a guide with the group if camping is at unexplored site.
3 Young children should remain within eyesight and older children within earshot.
4 Children should also be given a simple survival kit and a whistle to call for help if lost or in case of emergency.
5 If camping at high altitudes carry a medical kit especially for children.
6 Children should be dressed in many layers at high altitudes.
7 Use fire ring for cooking and for camp fire.
8 Keep the campsite and nearby place clean by keeping a pump spray and spraying at regular intervals. It will keep insects and pests out of your place of stay.
9 Do not feed animals during their stay or leave leftovers which leads animals to come in search of food.
Camping in India have can be undertaken on the hilly regions of Garhwal and Kumaon, Uttaranchal Kaudiyaal, Mussoorie, Jim Corbett National Park, Chilla in Uttaranchal and Himachal Pradesh, cool sand at Pushkar in Rajasthan or backwaters of Kerala, Samode Bagh and many more.
Camping season for Himachal Pradesh and Uttarachal is throughout the year whereas camping season for Rajasthan is winter. Camping season in south India is also through the year. One can enjoy going to the nearby tourist places while going for camping.
Sightseeing places to be visited while camping in India are:
Nearby tourist places while Camping in India are
Five Star Hotels while camping in India are:
Club Mahindra Resorts
Mussorie Holiday Resorts
Budget Hotels while camping in India are:
Sterling Holiday Resort
Hotel Great Value
The hotel tariff rates range from Rs. 2000 to Rs.5000 per day. A person can take up a hotel of his choice according to his budget.